Maintenance Mechanic II
Department: Manufacturing / Production
Location: Port Washington, WI
Posted: January 10, 2014
First.6:30am - 2:30pm. Monday - Friday.
Under the direction of the Plant Supervisor, this position exists to maintain, repair, and provide preventative maintenance to all equipment and property. The facility contains light assembly, machining, shipping, receiving and warehousing.
- Maintain heating, electrical, and plumbing systems as necessary.
- Install, repair, rebuild, and maintain machinery and mechanical equipment used in production and related services.
- Troubleshoot and repair hydraulics, pneumatics, and electrical wiring
- Diagnose machine malfunctions and operating diffculties.
- Rebuild machines and overhaul troublesome components and attachments to involve dismantling, inspection, machining, or replacement of purchased parts.
- Perform skilled operations sch as filing and aligning bearings, spindles, and shafts; adjust feed and limit mechanisms, gibs, and ways.
- Associate's degree or apprenticeship program as well as 5 to 7 years of relevant industrial experience.
- Must have prior experience with hydraulics, pneumatics, metal fabrication and welding, electrical diagnostics, troubleshooting, wiring, repair, and forklift repair
- Good verbal and legible written communication skills as they pertain to dealing with and understanding employee machine malfunction concerns or issues, and documenting job progress in logs
- Over three years of diverse generalist experience working as a Manufacturing Maintenance Technician
- Thorough understanding of ISO/TS-16949 procedures and practices
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Ability to lift, push, pull up to 100 lbs, ability to stand/walk for the scheduled shift, work in tight enclosed areas and work in awkward positions for long periods of time
- Vision abilities required include; close,color, peripheral and depth perception