Punch Press Operator
Department: Manufacturing / Production
Location: Port Washington, WI
Posted: November 14, 2014
3:30pm - 1:30am.
Regular work schedule is Monday - Thursday.
Overtime as needed on Fridays and/or Saturdays.
Under the direction of the Press Supervisor, the Operator operates 100-600 ton automatic / manual punch presses to form and bend a variety of materials. Press room work including packaging parts and material handling. Responsible for part quality and efficiency.
- Adjust ram stroke to form materials to proper angle and radii.
- Set-up punching dies and gauges for multiple or series punching and notching.
- Work from drawings, specifications, patterns, or templates.
- Use scale, protractor, fixed angle and radii gauges.
- Sorting and package parts.
- Verify quantity & quality of material.
- Moves raw material to and from production areas as necessary.
- 6-12 months of relevant manufacturing experience.
- Good math skills.
- Basic reading & writing skills.
- Strong attention to detail
- High School Diploma/GED Equivalent Required.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints.
- Previous punch press experience required.